Solutions for Life Sciences
Axis Global Logistics specializes in time-critical shipments that require a high-degree of personal attention – that means that Axis is perfectly positioned to not only meet but exceed the level of service demanded by the life science community. Whether it involves cord blood, cell therapy or medical devices and equipment or providing services to eye banks and blood banks or to organ procurement organizations and the tissue banking community – Axis understands that this type of precious cargo carries with it a special responsibility… that time is of the essence and there is no margin for error when you literally hold someone’s future in your hands. Axis delivers each and every shipment with a focus on shipping efficacy, reduced turnaround or transit times and expedited transit in order to minimize cold ischemic time.
Axis’ thorough understanding of the critical nature of each and every shipment is not the only reason that executives in the life science community choose us as their logistics partner. These decision-makers turn to Axis for their logistics services because they know that Axis has both the experience and the systems in place to ensure that these critical shipments are delivered precisely when and where they are needed and – when organs, tissue, blood and cell therapies are involved – within the proper temperature range. They also know that Axis will provide them with a solution that optimizes costs and efficiency and offers visibility and control – a solution built on global capabilities, industry-leading technology, the highest possible degree of personal service and, most importantly, a comprehensive understanding of the needs of the life science sector.
Services for Life Sciences:
- Network of Axis agents who are experts in life sciences procedures and who stay in close contact with clients to maintain efficiency and avoid problems.
- Flexible, around-the-clock collection and delivery.
- Expedited delivery via our Next Flight Out, Air Charter, On-Board Courier and Expedited Surface Transport.
- Cold chain logistics strategy to ensure integrity.
- Meticulous monitoring and documentation of each shipment's chain of custody.
- Temperature-controlled and highly-secured warehousing for storage and distribution.
- Forward stocking locations/order fulfillment.
- Forecasting of supply demands to cut waste and costs.
- International services including comprehensive paperwork assistance: customs clearance (pre-clearance when possible), permit applications, authorizations, documentation, etc.
- Returns collection, reconciliation and destruction.
- Time-critical transportation services.
- Global capabilities: facilities across the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia and more than 800 Axis agents worldwide.
- Industry-leading technology: Axis-Trak provides real-time access to your shipment status.
- Automatic POD notification—you will know when your shipment arrives.
- Web-based WMS cadence system for multi-location warehouse inventory control.
- Personal service—whenever and wherever you need us.
For more information about Axis' solutions for the life science sector, click on this literature link. And please email us at or call 800-568-4901 for a thorough discussion of your needs.